Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cider Update

It's been 10 days since I first created my simple cider, and for the first week I was a little worried.  There was zero visible fermentation.  After about 5 days, I took a gravity reading... 1.052, exactly where it started.  I decided to take on the old RDWHAHB mentality and simply waited.

We took a mini vacation this past weekend, and upon return on Sunday (a week after pitching) there was activity.  Yeah!  Tonight, this is what it looks like.
In a nutshell, there is hope.  Of course!  I don't want to jump in yet with a gravity reading.  I figure, I'll give it another week, at least, them maybe rack to secondary.  Perhaps I'll rack to two separate 1 gallon glass carboys and see it I can find an idea to do something special with one of them.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment